Sunday 28 December 2008

An actual update.

I have failed to update this with any useful information since the 11th December, this is rather shit. In my defense, my laptop charger overheated and consequently melted – locking all my wordings and photos inside of it. I’ve since learnt that technology is not to be trusted, even if it is one of those really amazing Apple computers that never crashes or breaks down or anything. So, I’m back to basics with an NHS biro I nicked off my mum and a notebook I think I may have also nicked off my mum.

Since Ze Great Ocean Road, and a hot, face swelled few days in the quite unexceptional Adelaide I swiftly jumped on a bus back to Melbourne over night. It has to be said there is something disconcerting about taking your time over eight days to travel from one city to another, only to do the return journey overnight, but Adelaide really wasn’t THAT great.

Once back in Melbourne I came to the following conclusions:

1. I am a pauper.
2. Christmas is soon.
3. Adelaide really is shit.

Between then and now I’ve worked at a farm property in Rural Victoria, stayed out in Melbourne suburbs with a local family and crashed in Fitzroy where I decided every single hostel should have hammocks instead of beds- No creaking, no tweaking, and no leaking.

I flew to Sydney on the 24th, and the following forty eight hours were very, very strange. It was always going to be odd being in Sydney for Christmas as someone who’d spent the last twenty Christmas days indoors with close family, a fire place and The Snowman on the TV. However nothing prepared me for the day itself, more to follow.

The above will be further documented when I see it fit, and I’ve got the photos organised, but be assured I’m turning over a new leaf and will be updating this far more from now onwards…

No comments: