Sunday 28 December 2008

Jim Jim Farm
























In mid December I got a job working on a two hundred and fifty acre acre property in central rural Victoria for just under two weeks. A large bed and home cooked meals in a family home was just what the doctor ordered. I'd like to make it clear that I am now at a professional level when it comes to planting trees and mowing lawns, however as Hilary gladly pointed out with regards to my wall filling - "I'll never be a painter".

On the last night I went out and raided the strawberry patch, they were very good but it's humanely impossible that they didn't find out as I completely ruined the state of the nets covering them and gave up trying to fix it. I probably earnt a few strawberries though.

The last photo was taken at a magic moment, sat on a hill overlooking a group of kangaroos and the most clear rainbow I've ever seen. The photo doesn't do it justice, mainly because you notice the barbed wire fence before anything else. Click it! And yes, that is Robert De Niro. He's a country man now.













No comments: